Tuesday, July 14, 2015

How To Thank A Crowd

My poor daughter.  This week she started in a new daycare, again.  New environment, new faces, new rules, and this time, a new language (French).  She cries every morning when I drop her off, and my heart breaks every time for her.  It is not lost on me that the decisions I make today will completely alter my children's future.  It's a frightening thought.  I hope we're doing the right thing, but it can be hard to see the bright future ahead when the tears of today are clouding our sight.

We thanked the staff and teachers from her previous daycare with a large box of salted dark chocolate chunk cookies.  Instead of making a thank you card, I wrote down our sentiments on a slip of paper, and packing-taped it along with some eye-catching graphics to a cardboard tray (leftover from an Ikea purchase).  Covering the tray with cookies leaves the recipients only one option if they want to uncover the hidden message underneath: eat lots of delicious cookies.

Parting is such sweet sorrow.  I'm going to miss those guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment